About The Museum Group
The Museum Group is a consortium of museum consultants founded in 1995 by independent professionals who had held leadership positions in museums. Our mission is to work with museums to help them achieve their greatest potential in an ever-changing world.
Our Collective Resources
TMG members advance the museum field and the vitality of museums by:
- Working with museum leaders to identify innovative solutions and strategies unique to their institutions
- Leveraging the collective resource of our experience for the benefit of the museum community
- Building awareness of contemporary issues relevant to the museum field.
- Creating opportunities for the open exchange of new ideas and information among colleagues and museum professionals
What We Value
- Museums as contributors to the vitality of cultural and civic life
- Thoughtful change that keeps museums healthy and lively
- The open exchange of ideas and information
- The power of collective wisdom and collegial support
- Mutual respect and individual integrity
- High professional and ethical standards