The Museum Group
TMG, a consortium of senior museum consultants, offers museums and cultural institutions distinct advantages. As independent consultants, we help museums identify innovative solutions and strategies for every part of their operations. As a group of like-minded colleagues, we serve our clients from a base of shared knowledge, experience, and support.
We’re also committed to thinking, conversation, and debate about the complex issues that affect museums today. In our individual consulting practices, at annual gatherings of national and regional museum associations, and in the wider museum field we promote an open, lively exchange of ideas.
The members of TMG advance the museum field and the vitality of museums by:
- Working with museum leaders to identify innovative solutions and strategies unique to their institutions
- Leveraging the collective resource of our experience for the benefit of the museum community
- Building awareness of contemporary issues relevant to the museum field
- Creating opportunities for the open exchange of new ideas and information among colleagues and museum professionals
The Museum Group values
- Museums as contributors to the vitality of cultural and civic life
- Thoughtful change that keeps museums healthy and lively
- The open exchange of ideas and information.
- The power of collective wisdom and collegial support
- Mutual respect and individual integrity.
- High professional and ethical standards.